How to make easy installation of torch down roofing?
Modified bitumen can be used for creating the most durable roofing called torch down roofing. Low-roofs can be now easily lifted-up to a certain height by means of the bitumen coats. Constant maintenance is not required and moreover both moisture and heat effects can be prevented well for long. This roof can be installed in a simplified manner by following a few easy steps.
You can surely implement installation-steps in DIY style, but in that case you might face innumerable risks. You have to use different kinds of safety accessories in order to make yourself protected. You can now follow different demonstrative videos for learning the perfect installation-steps and techniques of torch down roofing. Durable bitumen-coats should be created in a decorative manner.
Steps for installing this roof
• Old roof needs to be removed first for installing Torch Down Roofing. This is quite a hectic task but if you hire any professional expert then it can be easily conducted without any hassles or troubles.
• Localized building-codes are to be checked for maintaining the regulations of roof-installation. These codes also need to be followed for maintaining acute safety.
• Roof-edges should be made secured by means of applying metal flashing. Primer needs to be added before putting metal-flashing so that easy adherence can be facilitated.
• The roof should be properly cleaned via pressure washing otherwise the new one cannot be installed correctly.
• After making the roof surface uneven, fiberglass sheet needs to be placed. This sheet can bring easy installation of bitumen layer. But the sheet should be placed properly; otherwise the torch-down layer cannot be installed easily.
• Nail-gun can be used for making the fiberglass-sheet secured. The sheet should stay in a fixed position and then only this kind of roof can be installed.
• After installing the first bitumen-layer, you should measure the size accurately so that the next layers can be efficiently and smoothly laid down. Odd angles or corners should be covered with the coated layer for preventing the roof from external damages in future.
• Half of fiberglass-sheet should be covered with bitumen-layer while the other-half should be left intact. This can help in heating-up bitumen-layer smoothly and efficiently. In this case, flame-torch can be used as one of the best tools that can provide necessary heat to the layer. Slow and steady motions are used for facilitating even heating.
• Liquid asphalt should be poured uniformly and after the coats get dried p they should be pressed thoroughly with boots. Heavy boots should be used that do not get stick easily and hen only necessary amount of pressure can be created. This can enhance the adherence power to a great extent so that the layer sticks to roof-surfaces for long.
• You can repeat the coats if you think that a single coat is not enough. Similar steps should be followed for crating multiple coats. The coat should be created immediately after fire has been applied to fiberglass-sheets so that most improved and powerful coats can be created.